Another day, another award…this time I want to thank Chape at the Chape Personal Trainer blog for nominating me for The Blogger Recognition Award. Chape’s blog is about being fit, but he is also about motivation and inspiration…you should check it out. Like, now.
There are rules for this award also (rules!-always rules!) and they go a little something like this:
1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
2. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
3. Write a post to show your award.
4. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
5. Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
6. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
7. Attach the award badge to the post (right click and save, then upload.)
8. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
9. Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night.
How this blog started: This particular one was started, after two previous attempts, to be a place for me to write about anything and everything I wanted to write about. The first two, for different reasons, didn’t quite become what I wanted them to. The first one, morphed into a sports blog after people noticed my writing about the Baltimore Orioles and Ravens. The second withered away in neglect, primarily after my marriage ended.
Some advice for new bloggers: Don’t be intimidated by the fact that what you write can be seen by others once you click that Publish button. Write anyway. Write about what interests you, what make you laugh, what fascinates you, what you want to discuss, the thoughts that bounce around in your head and need to get out. And you just never know, you can meet some like-minded people and read about some new and interesting things.
15 Bloggers to nominate:
Look folks…I know everyone is busy, especially during the holiday season. So I will nominate some bloggers; they may participate, or they may not. Either way, there is no time limit to write the post or accept this award.