A few words about last night’s elimination show:
- The bottom two featured Nick Hagelin, who was there for the second consecutive week, and Paxton Ingram, in what for me was considered something of a surprise. Based on Monday night’s performances, I thought Hannah Huston would be in the bottom two. For their instant save songs, Paxton chose another Whitney Houston song, “How Will I Know,” and Nick chose Eric Clapton’s “Change The World.” Although Ingram’s song featured another stripped down arrangement, this time around he gave a better performance, one with more energy. Nick’s choice seemed to be wrong for him, and his performance wasn’t quite as good. Paxton was given the Instant Save, in a vote that was decided by just over 100 tweets. Guess the screaming girl vote tried to keep Nick in it with all they had.
- With Daniel Passino’s elimination last week, and Nick Hagelin’s this week, the teams stand as follows:
- Team Blake: Paxton Ingram, Mary Sarah, Adam Wakefield
- Team Christina: Bryan Bautista, Alisan Porter
- Team Adam: Laith Al-Saadi, Shalyah Fearing
- Team Pharrell: Hannah Huston
I still think this show is Porter’s to lose, but Wakefield and even Al-Saadi may be gaining on her, particularly if she keeps staying the same. But then again, she’s been way out in front for so long, it may take more time than the show has left to catch up. Stay tuned for the semifinals next week, with special guest P!nk to help mentor the remaining contestants.