This one is a brand new award…I had never heard of it until I was nominated. Thanks to Lady G at the Seekthebestblog and GeoGee from The GeoGeeExperience for nominating me. Do me a favor and check them both out, if you haven’t already. Lady G is also my music Twin! If you read any of my most recent posts at all, you’ve seen her all up and through my comments. Her blog is awesome, and every Thursday I get a playlist from her My Jams post. GeoGee has an amazing blog that I found recently through Lady G’s blog. I have enjoyed reading his posts from the moment I looked there, not to mention his amazing comments on her blog.
Since I began this blog, I have been blessed to meet some amazing bloggers. Believe me when I tell you that I am honored and blessed to be nominated, and I am grateful for so many others who take time to look here every once in a while and see something you like.
As with any award, there are rules (rules! always rules!) The rules for this award are as follows:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and link back to the nominator.
- Present 6 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your awardees in the post.
- Write 7 interesting things about you.
So, you want to know seven interesting things about me? Are you sure? You insist? Alright then.
- I can juggle. Yes I know I lead off a lot of these awards with this fact. But there’s a catch. I can only do three balls or items at once. No tricks either—if you want those, go to the circus (do they still have jugglers at the circus)? I learned on a bet back in college with a guy in my dorm. He swore that he could teach me in ten minutes or less. He was right. I once juggled an onion, a tomato and an egg—and didn’t break the egg.
- Despite growing up in the 70s, my mother would never let me get an afro. If one stray hair started growing down the back of my neck, money was put in hand and off to the barbershop I went. I wonder if all those haircuts from back then helped my hairline to beat such a hasty retreat from the front of my head that I now shave my head daily.
- As of this date, I am the only member of my immediate family to have obtained a Bachelors degree. I have a B.A. in Business Management from Washington College in Chestertown, MD.
- I was recruited for a dance show pilot that a local club DJ was going to have made while I was in college. He saw me dancing at a few college parties, and after seeing me at a sorority formal, got word out that he wanted me to be on the show. Unfortunately, the day of taping, I had a final exam. What luck! I might have been a star…or not.
- I love to read. Books, articles, newspapers (yes, still even though one holds a significant memory for me), blogs…but I need to be a more discerning consumer. I often have so much to read, I don’t have time to get to it all. But this year, so far I’m staying focused and reading for set periods of time. Whatever I don’t get to, is set aside or I try again the next day.
- I am a night owl. It’s nothing for me to be up until or beyond midnight on any given night. This of course, is a detriment to my weekday mornings, where I try to rouse myself out of bed by 6:00 AM (the alarm goes off a half hour earlier). But I need to get more sleep. Much more.
- Once upon a time, I knew all the words to the likes of “Rapper’s Delight,” by the Sugarhill Gang, “The Breaks” and “Rappin’ Blow” (aka “Christmas Rappin'”) by Kurtis Blow and “Freedom” by Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five. Yes, the full length fifteen minute version of “Rapper’s Delight” too. Now? Bits and pieces. One day I did “Rapper’s Delight” on the walk to school (yes I walked to and from school. Uphill. In snowstorms).
Okay…I don’t know how “interesting” those seven tidbits were, but they are mine and I’m claiming them.
Now, about these six bloggers I’ve got to nominate. Seeing as how a lot of people I would have nominated have already been nominated, I’m tempted to take a pass. But, I won’t. I got six. I’m not sure if they are award-free or not, so they may or may not participate. No worries if they don’t. They are:
Feel free to check out those blogs also, if you haven’t already. Again, thanks to Lady G and GeoGee for this award.