My musical wonder twin Lady G from the seekthebestblog has nominated me for the Unique Blogger Award. I would like to thank her for nominating me, and would also tell you to get over to her blog and follow along, if you don’t already. I know that I am always entertained when I read one of her posts, and if you haven’t been there on the Thursday throwback party called My Jams, you are missing out! There are over two decades worth of jams and tales to tell, and the after-party in the comments is always fun. There are other enjoyable posts to read there as well. Go see for yourself; don’t just take my word for it!
Of course, with an award, there are rules (always rules!). The rules for this one are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog. (Done.)
- Include one meme and one quote you really like.
- Nominate 8-13 bloggers to receive this award. Hmph.
- Ask your nominees 3 UNIQUE questions.
- Add a link to the award’s creator. (I would, if I knew who it was).
Favorite meme: To be truthful, I don’t really pay all that much attention to memes. I get a chuckle out of some of them, then move on. Given all the hate and ill will being seen in the world presently, I thought this one of Nelson Mandela would be fitting:
Quote that I like: Like? I LOVE this quote.
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. -Eleanor Roosevelt
I think I’ll take a pass on nominating anyone. Most of the people I would have chosen have already been nominated. Not to mention, so many other possible bloggers are award free so they have taken themselves out of the running.
Somewhere in here, I have to answer some questions posed by Lady G. Those questions were:
- When you were 8, how would you have answered this question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” A baseball player. Baseball was my sport back then.
- If you could have dinner with ONE celebrity (living or dead) who would that be? Give details! Those who know me well would think I’d say Vanessa Williams for obvious reasons. But really, I’d like to have dinner with either Muhammad Ali or Martin Luther King Jr. Then maybe Vanessa on another night.
- Where would you live if money were not an issue? Hmmm. Hawaii, or London.
If I did have nominations, I would have given them the following questions:
- The toilet paper roll: pull from the top, or the bottom?
- Since most blog writers are readers, what type of books do you like to read?
- Finally, borrowed from #1GottaGo: The subject is chicken. Which of these dishes do you get rid of, never to see again: Tacos, Buffalo wings, Sandwich, or Tenders?
Feel free to answer any, or all of the questions in the comments. Thanks again Lady G for the nomination.